Medical Billing Specialist Job Description
- Full time Medical Billing Specialist responsible for collecting, data entering, managing patient accounts.
- Responsible for submitting patient claims to insurance companies and following up on the claims.
- Preparing clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answering questions from patients, staff and insurance companies.
- Identifying and resolving patient billing complaints.
- Preparing, reviewing and sending patient statements.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality: adhering to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner and operate a multi line phone system.
- Perform various collection actions.
- Participate in educational activities.
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practice, business office procedures, basic medical coding, ability to operate computer and basic office equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position but reflect an general overview.
EMTs and Paramedics
Bell's Ambulance is seeking tallented EMTs and Paramedics to join our team!
For more details, please contact our office.